COEHP Honors Program (Fall 2016 and after)
The course requirements for completion of the College of Education and Health Professions Honors Program are as follows:
The student meets all university, COEHP, and department degree requirements.
- Minimum completion of 18 hours of honors credit, 6 of which may be taken outside COEHP. The following courses are required:
- Up to 8 hours honors sections of University courses
- Minimum of 6 hours honors credits taken within the student's program of study not including:
- 3901H Honors Education Thesis Tutorial
- 498VH Honors Education Thesis/Project (total of 3 hours minimum)
- Totaling 4 hours honors thesis
- Written submission of the honors thesis/project to the COEHP Honors Council and oral presentation of the Honors Thesis to faculty and students within COEHP
- Minimum GPA of 3.50 required
Students successfully completing the Honors program within COEHP are eligible to receive a baccalaureate degree with a distinction of:
- Summa Cum Laude will be awarded honors students graduating with a GPA > 3.9.
- Magna Cum Laude will be awarded honors students graduating with a GPA 3.7 - 3.89.
- Cum Laude will be awarded honors students graduating with a GPA 3.5 - 3.69.
CDIS Program of Study Honors
Sophomore Spring Semester
CDIS 2901H Introduction to Research in Communication Sciences and Disorders -- 1 hour CDIS Honors
Junior Fall Semester
CDIS 3901H Honors Tutorial -- 1 hour Thesis
CDIS 3224H Language Development in Children -- 2 hours CDIS Honors
Junior Spring Semester ◯ Senior Fall Semester ◯ Senior Spring Semester
CDIS 498VH Honors Thesis -- repeated for up to 3 hours Thesis
CDIS 399VH and CDIS 3923H Honors Colloquium irregularly -- 3 hours CDIS Honors
Total Honors CDIS Program -- 6 hours
Total Honors Thesis -- 4 hours
Note: CDIS 3224H Language Development in Children -- 2 hours -- (may be used as Honors Section University Courses)