This is an image of faculty performing a hearing screening in the audiology booth.

Audiologists are professionals who provide evaluations and treatment for individuals with hearing, balance, and other auditory disorders across the lifespan. The entry-level degree to work as an audiologist is a clinical doctoral degree (Au.D.). With training, you can work as an audiology assistant or audiology technician , provided that you meet any additional requirements by the state in which you decide to practice.

Audiologists work in a variety of settings including, but not limited to, schools, hospitals, private practice groups, rehabilitation centers and research centers. The American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) is a national professional and credentialing organization for speech-language pathologists and audiologists. ASHA's website has resources for undergraduate and graduate students interested in the field of communication disorders. The largest professional organization for audiologists is the American Academy of Audiology (AAA).